Sunday, June 6, 2010

We will give you a Kenyan name...

... tomorrow. Or that is what they said earlier today.

Becky got her Kenyan name and I should get mine tomorrow. I got this from the neighbors from across the street of one of the Komaza houses when we were visiting them for lunch today. They were so kind. We had a great time. I think it was the most fun I have had yet in Kenya.

While we ate communally some cornmeal and lentil soup/sauce stuff (delicious for reals) we did our best to understand eachother. Our Komaza friends, Rajiv and Leah were helping us and being very nice. I got permission to film around (take pictures they call it) and because our camera looks like a photo camera I guess that works. I started slowly, taking discrete pictures and then some video. Some of the kids wanted to see the screen after I took the pictures and that turned into showing them video which turned into some of them running and waving in front of the camera which turned into them dancing and singing in front of the camera and then getting all of their friends from around the area to do the same. We then had 10-15 children running around us dancing, singing, rapping, cart-wheeling, shouting and having a great time.

Needless to say, it was super fun and I got some great footage. We helped out on the small plot farm of our hosts for a bit and they laughed at how inept we were at working. We had a really good time.

Anyways, we have a tuk-tuk waiting and we have to go.

Cheers and good night from Kenya.

Wait until you see these videos too, you will probably pee your pants either out of pure happiness or because you drank too much water.

4 comments:

Mary said...

I feel like that last comment might have been made just for me :)

David and Carol Pitcher said...

I hope we will get to see these films when you are back. Sounds like fun.

Marge Bjork said...

it's usually both. I usually pee my pants when there's lots of happiness and water.

Noelley Belly said...

Hooray! Sounds great!