Saturday, June 5, 2010

Lovin' it...

... here in Kilifi. The weather is nice and things are good.

We started filming on Wed and on Thurs we went out the Ganze. Ganze is just about 40 km outside of Kilifi and is one of the poorest places in Kenya. We talked to some of the people that work with Komaza about what Komaza does and their stories and it went really well despite some setbacks.

The setbacks always turn into experiment times for me. I love playing with the camera and trying new things or just filming things around me. When our car broke down at night on the way home from Ganze I was able to practice long exposure takes with neat star stuff. When we were waiting to go somewhere I filmed a giant millipede with the macro lens. It is so much fun. I have the perfect job for me.

That is all for now. I am alive and well and so is Becky. We will post more soon.

3 comments:

Marge Bjork said...

millipedes are great.

Mary said...

Mr. Travis man of great experience and awesome camera equipment and you and becky should post us some lovely pictures. I am happy to hear you are a live and that all you frequent car problems turn out to be good experiences :)
p.s. don't let becky tickle the monkeys

David and Carol Pitcher said...

We are so happy you found something that you love to do and that you are so good at it. You make us proud. And Becky is the perfect fit for you. Glad you are enjoying your time and that you are healthy. Stay that way, OK?