Monday, January 12, 2009

Sundance 09 tickets...

Well, it is done.  I am on my way.  Here is the story.
The Sundance film festival is the super bowl of film.  It is the premier film event.  It is also very difficult to get tickets to, relatively.  You see, it is a labrynth of hoops and time tables with deadlines, restrictions and barriers set up along the way so that only those who seek, will find. 

I did my research, my time tables, and jumped those barriers and it came to a climax last night.
I had known that tickets go on sale on the 12th of Jan (today Monday) to the general public.  I had already missed the deadlines for "locals only" and all of that fun, but it didn't matter.  That is until the clock struck 12 midnight and it was Monday Jan 12th and I couldn't find where to purchase them online.  I read innumerable pdf's about the subject and searched wide and far for links with out success.  I was worrying because not only my enjoyment was contingent on my getting tickets, but others enjoyment as well (and I'd hate to do that to her).  I needed to get tickets.  I learned that one of the premiers had already sold out (Art and Copy), and I also learned that others were selling out quickly.  I decided to undertake the event full charge in the morning.

I woke up bright and early after about 5 hours of sleep to get back to work.  Again, I found nothing leading me to an online purchase site.  I decided that I must act, or the opportunity would be lost.  I was going to Park City to stand in the box office line and purchase my tickets manually.  Then in a moment of inspiriation, I looked at box office locations and saw that there was one up the canyon at Sundance ski resort.  I went up, waiting for the box office to open (much to my chagrin, there was no line at all as previously thought) and purchased my tickets for the perfect times I needed.  This was the result...
A huge smile behind the amazing brilliance of being able to go to this world class event.

Financially I was unable to purchase all that I wanted but I got what I needed and it was amazingly easy.  Plot a schedule, see if tickets are available online and go to Sundance and purchase what you want.  They are very helpful.  It really isn't so hard.

So now I can go up with Becky and we can both experience this.  We are going to the world premier, let's repeat that, WORLD PREMIER!!!!!! of the beautiful film Old Partner and also the Animation Spotlight.  I am so stoked.  Now if I can just get my camera working right...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

:D

i'm so pumped that i have nothing to say except that smiley face.
it's grinning.
me too.