Saturday, January 24, 2009

Sleep, Wonderful Sleep...

Today I slept until 10:30 to wake up to a breakfast that our elders quorum was putting on.  It was a beautiful thing.  I woke up at 8:13 feeling quite tired and lethargic.  I had little inclination to get up and be more productive, so I dozed off and dreamed a bit more, periodically half waking up to curl, stretch, and curl again on my other side, sighing in blissful comfort and slumbering once again.  Nuzzling my pillow with my head, making a nice nest where I could incubate my thoughts and let them work and grow in dark peace.  
Needless to say, there is a great comfort that is felt while sleeping.  Feeling safe, secure, warm.  That is what we are all looking for really.  And it was raining.  That is so great.

Check out the new poll.  The winner will receive a blog post dedicated to that subject.  Be honest.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

comment on new poll: it wouldn't let me vote on two things, or three, and it's probably a three-way tie for me.

Lana said...

Comment on poll: It is not physically possible to live without food or sleep. The human body dies. It is however possible to live without love, but at what a cost? The human soul dies. For without the love afforded us by our Heavenly Father, there is no hope for our creation. So your poll questions more than it seems. And it makes me sad. Because I love all those things, besides pickles. And I can't participate.