Thursday, January 29, 2009

Flip Flops, Freezing, and Fatasies


Today I wore flip flops.  
My toes woke up this morning in blatant protest of the winter and wanted to be free.  The revolted and I, as their democratic leader, had no choice but to oblige their request since I was out-numbered.  This revolt got me thinking about how nice spring is and how I love the warm weather.  Don't get me wrong, I love the winter and its sparking, clean, white and new essence, but I also love the green glow of spring and how the afternoon sun warms the grass.  Spring also gets me thinking about surfing.  

Recently, on the Facebook, I received a request from Kam Sheffield, my best friend growing up.  I was excited to see that he and his younger brother had both gotten into surfing and that they went to the same place where I went when I was down there.  I stole a picture.  This interaction started me on my surfing phase that comes around every year at this time.  

I love surfing.  I feel it to be the best recreational activity out there.  Everybody should go surfing once in their lifetime.  

So, all of this started a small revolt by my toes today.  I complied and they went off gleefully shouting while turning pink and numb on my way to work today.  It was worth it.  

Here is a video that I like about surfing.  Thanks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shoot...that got me feeling all sorts of melancholy. Luckily, my toes haven't revolted yet and are snuggly housed in my close-toed shoes. I especially liked the surfing part of your post. Our last trip was way to much fun! Thanks for letting me tag along!