Monday, January 12, 2009

Language...


Some thoughts on language accompanied with new goals:

I love language.  I suck at language.  I like to hear other languages, especially those with Latin roots because I can understand them a bit more.  I know Spanish and can pick up some very basic Italian and Portugues.  I want to learn French.  Why?  Spanish and French are the languages that are most needed in the development sector.  If you know those languages and English, you can do some good in the world.  Also, despite past thoughts and feelings about French, it is one of the most beautiful languages spoken and probably the most fun to speak.  They way your lips move is so much fun.  

A series of events (development classes for my minor, facts, brother in law, films, Becky is doing it and she is cool so...) have made me decide to seriously try to start to learn French.  I have no time for classes, BUT as we speak I am downloading French lessons in podcast form from iTunes.  I am not going to be good at French, but hopefully I will be able to learn a bit more.  Thought that I would share that.  Any help and encouragement is appreciated.

1 comment:

Noelley Belly said...

You can do it! (There's some encouragement!)Besides, you're TRAVIS...remember. (Narsasist or whatever that word is- it's a good thing in your case.)