Monday, July 19, 2010

Looking for a...

... job. That is what I want right now. I nice full time, fairly steady job that I can work at and not have to do anything else (okay, who am I kidding. Maybe a couple side projects). My work at BYUTV is... well, it helps pay the bills. It is alright but after having a conversation with one of my coworkers today I was again reminded of the fact that I am not doing what I was hired to do and I was also reminded that all I really do is sit in a dimly lit room on a bad chair looking up facts, contact info, stories, etc that other's don't have time to look up. I always work hard and have become a fast and reliable "research assistant" but I want something more. Not only something more, but something different.

Which is why I am looking for jobs other places. Pretty much any place other than Provo. SLC, Seattle, Portland, DC, NYC, Chicago, Minneapolis, Montana, even places like Tennessee or Virginia. My focus word is "diversify". I graduate in December (finally) and Becky thinks that she can do the rest of her courses through independent study (we will see) which means that we will be free to look around. I need 1-2 years of "experience" before I even start applying to graduate school so this might be a good chance. We have a good strong contact in San Francisco that we think could pan out by Jan and I am sure that I could make it freelance in places like Montana. We have contacts in DC, NYC, and Portland and we are open to that. Discovery Channel in DC? National Geographic in Denver? NYU in NYC? MicroDocs in SF? There are opportunities. Let me know if you have preferences.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You're asking if we have preferences of where you go? Well I prefer that you go where we go. But I can't be picky. Good luck in the looking!

Mary said...

Wow I am excited...You should get a job though in a Europe county for a year that would be the coolest. Then you could live some place exciting and different before you establish a family...or let you kids be born somewhere sweat like Germany or japan or Africa...yeah that would be cool.

Polly said...

Is Mary's native language even English? Obviously we would love it if you were in Montana, but go where ever you can find the best opportunity for your family. Keep in mind that the best opportunity isn't' always about the most money. We will always visit you where ever you go!