Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Gardens Drawing...

So I got a call this morning from Megan at the gardens asking if I was available to come in early to work. I, wanting more hours, of course said yes and went in. I thought that I was going to be hauling bark around, which we did do all evening, but I was wrong. My assignment for the afternoon was to draw a picture for a coloring contest of the gardens. So in 3 hours I conceptualized, sketched, resketched, drew and finalized this picture that hundreds of kids are going to draw. The neat thing about being the artist is that you can put things into the drawing that nobody else will realize. One of these things is that the two "kids" in the drawing are actually Becky and myself (stylized of course). I always knew that I could work being an artist but I actually don't like drawing that much. I like it, but not enough to do it everyday in and out. Anyways, just a little thing I did.

2 comments:

David and Carol Pitcher said...

That's really cute Travis. I like the cute dress on Becky and your trimmed haircut. Who knew you would be doing that at the Gardens. Go figure??

Noelley Belly said...

Good job, but your head is bigger than Becky's body! hehe, ;) That's pretty cool! May I compete?