Friday, April 3, 2009

2 Stupid Dogs...

Most of you might find this annoying, but I found a cartoon that I used to love on YouTube last night.
2 Stupid Dogs is a show about two really stupid dogs. The thing that I love most about it though is that the whole plot of the episodes revolves around something really simple.

For example:
They are walking.
They come across a telephone that is unhinged from a pay phone.
The telephone asks for a quarter please.
They spend the rest of the episode trying to earn a quarter.

In film history, there was a movement called absurdism. It puts ordinary people in everyday situations but makes them go to extraordinary lengths to get what they want or everything combines against them so that they can't get what they want.
2 Stupid Dogs is absurdist, and I think it is really funny. It hearkens to a day with Charlie Chaplin, Laurel and Hardy, and Buster Keaton. Here are a few of the best episodes in my opinion. Enjoy!



2 comments:

Lana said...

BAH! I loved 2 Stupid Dogs. It was one of the shows my brother and I would always watch together, as well as Dexter's Lab and Cow and Chicken. :) I never saw that show in a cinematic light before... thanks.

Polly said...

lolz i loved it! I only watched the first one but it was great. What retards.

Jack