Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Indie Christmas Movie Series


Tonight started my first annual "Indie Christmas Movie Series".  I have spent some time collecting short films that I feel embody Christmas in some way.  I assorted them in an order and invited people to come and watch them on the projector together and eat homemade cookies.  It was fun to see people's reactions to different films.  I had already seen all of the films and most of them I had seen by myself, so it was interesting to watch them with other people.  They found things funny that I hadn't thought of and I laughed and got some blank stares as well like, "were we supposed to laugh there too?".  It was alot of fun.  This is a poster for one of my favorite films that we watched tonight, Peter and the Wolf.  It won the Academy Award in 2008 for best animated short.  It is very polished and reminds me of forgiveness and differences and fears in different generations.  Besides that the kid just looks plain cool.  If he were real, we would be friends.  I am sure of it.  I mean, look at that hat.  Is that not something that I would wear.  Anyways, I am going to do this every year and show different shorts.  
I had an idea to have a video dance party because of this.  Just get a large group of people and have them watch films.  A bit under half of the films were music videos that people could dance to and have fun with.  Here is an example of one.  Can you imagine a bunch of people getting together and having a great time with this?  Yeah, and just wait until next year.

1 comment:

Brad said...

Is this Justin A's house?