Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Here is the new Resume...

... for your viewing pleasure. Thank you SO much to everybody who critiqued and helped bring up my resume to the next level. So, here we are at round 2. I tried to take every critique into consideration. I even printed out all of the comments and made marks and crossed out things after I was done trying to fix it. So, yeah, thanks everybody.

Here is the second round. As you can see, things are more lined up and have a similar flow and style. I got to experience more InDesign learning curve and I think that this next draft is much better. I also added a couple of "Experience" points (too many?) that I felt would be good to add. I changed the font from Helvetica to Helvetica Nue (sp?) and because of that, was able to play with the font a bit more.  It is more centered and easier to look at than the last one.  I think it is a bit dull and am trying to figure out how to stay "in the box" because this is going to be going to large companies (Discovery, Canon, National Geographic, etc) and I want to not be eccentric but I do want to stand out.

So, here it is.  Rip it up.  Tear it apart.  I would appreciate the help again.

3 comments:

Chris said...

Hey travis,

Before I comment about this one, do film makers have the equivalent of a "portfolio". If you were applying for a graphic design job, you would include a portfolio.

travis pitcher said...

They do. It is a reel and mine is currently in the editing bay.

Anonymous said...

I think I would prefer for the T to continue its descender straight down to the page. The pausing of it looks stuttered. I would align your two universities, and fix the leading of the body text. It looks cramped, causing the text from one line to the other looks very tense.

Overall, it looks much better than before!