Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Music...

... has been on my mind lately.  Polly asked Becky, "What kind of music does Travis play?" and Becky responded, "Oh, you know, mostly folk-ey kind of stuff."  and I thought to myself, "False".  I say "false" because I don't play music anymore really.  It is going the way of the skateboard, that old piece of wood that sits up on the top shelf in our house rotting.  It gets used maybe a few times a year and those are good times.  The other piece of wood (aka my guitar) sits in it's case, safe from being played or used, but sad.

I love music.  It inspires me and motivates me more than most things.  I imagine videos to music.  That is how they usually start, with a song.  But the video has taken over and the music is repressed.

Luckily I have outlets until the day where I can have the time that music essentially requires.  There are things like this, which amaze me and motivate me.

Quad Time from The Joy of Box on Vimeo.
Watch the whole thing. You won't be disappointed.

PS Sufjan Stevens came out with a new EP.  He is a strangie, but a goodie.

1 comment:

Marge Bjork said...

some day we don't edit video so much and we sit down and do everything else we used to do. right? right.