Saturday, July 24, 2010

I love being a Mormon...

... for a ton of reasons.   The latest is this great website that they designed.  You can click on each profile and watch a short documentary about each person.  My personal favorites are Josh, Jeff (both of whom I already knew about), Jane, Aaron and Emily, and Ron.  All of the docs are so well done.  I would like to believe that they were done with DSLRs like the one that I have, but I have no way of knowing (right now).  They could have been done on Sony EX-3s with RedRock or Letus lens adaptors to get that really intimate, shallow DOF feel that DSLRs are now famous for.  

Anyways, check out their profiles and watch the videos.  I love what the church is doing to help define itself and get itself out there.  I feel that this is the right way to do it.  Of course it is, it is the Lord's inspired way.  

I am a student, a videographer, a tinkerer, a husband, and a goof-ball.  My name is Travis Pitcher and I am a Mormon.  

2 comments:

Polly said...

I saw this too, it is really awesome. I love the young woman from Hawaii that is a surf champion. Way cool, Kathryn and I watched it a few days ago right after we watched the new Barbie surfing movie.

Mary said...

This is funny because I was just on this site a while ago and have been watching one of these videos for like 2 weeks.