Friday, April 9, 2010

So I haven't been on in a while...

... but I hope that this will help you.

Astoria Scum River Bridge from Jason Eppink on Vimeo.

Probably the neatest thing that I have seen all week!

In other news, I am working on putting together a documentary for the J. Rueben Clark Law School about some of the professors that are retiring this year that were there when the school started. It is fun and interesting to see how much progress the law school has made from meeting in the basement of a Catholic private school to having one of the best law libraries in the world and being a top 50 law school. Neat.

I have been working a ton on Tipping Bucket stuff this week. I am really enjoying my work with them. This week we did a short video in one day. On Wed we woke up nice and early, went to the Eye Clinic where Dr. Monson had generously gave us permission to use his office for the video. The lighting was terrible and we had the AC or some air filter going the whole time so the sound was shot, but we worked with what we were given and made a video out of it. You can check out the latest project, an eye clinic in Uganda, at tippingbucket.org.

Speaking of Uganda, after the video Ryan and I were talking about my going to Kenya and they were like, "Hey, we are going to be right next door in Uganda. Why don't you come over there after Kenya and we can do a short doc there too?" I was stoked on the idea of being able to develop my portfolio more and get a free trip to Uganda, so this next week Becky and I are meeting with HELP International to see if we can work something out so we can go to Uganda for about a week. Apparently Becky's old roommates, Paige and Nichole, will be there on internships so Becky will have company and a mini internship experience. How neat is that!? We will be working out the details this next week, but we hope that it works out.

Other than that, I am looking forward to the end of finals, starting my internship officially, starting a steady 20hr/week job at BYUTV again starting in May and that is about it. Good times ahead. I am also planning on sticking with my original plan of graduating in December. Graduating in Aug would be SO much work and I would really like to take a few more development classes. That way Becky and I can save more money and I will have more time to figure out what the next step is going to be.

Loves etc.

No comments: