Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Weather or not...

I love the weather. It is always changing but yet it has patterns. It can be so peaceful and also so violent. I love it when the weather is violent. Ripping apart the landscape and changing everything. Sometimes it is really sad what happens to people because of the weather, but though that is tragic, there is a part of me that admires the strength of such weather.
I find a strong connection with the weather and my emotions sometimes. I am usually a very predictable person who is stable and constant. But sometimes I feel these torrents inside that tear apart everything that I feel leaving me to painfully reconstruct what has been left behind. These are painful moments and usually significant realizations because I have to reconstruct what I knew and what I felt and that changes every time I put it back together. This helps me move on and deal with change in my life outside of myself. Exactly the opposite of what weather actually causes most people to do. The outside is torn and that forces inward change. Most of the time in my case the inside is torn and the outside changes. Today was a bad weather day and I am left to pick up what was left behind and put it back together again.

No comments: