Thursday, April 16, 2009

I love skateboarding (part 1)...

Skate and destroy has been the motto for adolescent punks for the past decade or more. I never agreed with this and actually thought the antithesis. Skate and create seemed a much more healthy perspective to have which is the motto of a new film series that Transworld Skateboarding Magazine has funded.
They take an interesting perspective from creating things and making something out of it. You can find the whole series on YouTube but I like the higher resolution from Vimeo. The DVS spots are my favorite. I am going to share them below so that you all can understand, hopefully, a little bit of the joy that I have felt growing up skateboarding and that I continue to feel the few times a month I actually go. They are super beautiful.


DVS BEHIND THE SCENES of Skate & Create from DVS Shoe Company on Vimeo.

DVS Skate & Create from DVS Shoe Company on Vimeo.

No comments: