Thursday, December 18, 2008

TMA 273 Reaction Paper- "La Blogotheque"

So this is the last post for the Reaction Papers.  Brad, I apologize that it is not on the viewing list and that I didn't email you but I was working with the podcast thing (which was extremely frustrating) and it got late and not it is 12:22 am and you wouldn't get the email before tomorrow anyways.  I am being assertive.  
Anyways, awhile back everybody hated the French because they weren't backing us in the war with Iraq or something like that.  French fries were freedom fries.  French salad dressing was suddenly an "American Classic".  We boycotted everything French.  In the spirit of reviving ties to the great people who gave us the statue of liberty I am personally endorsing a French website.  it is www.blogotheque.net or if you can't take that and want something more American try www.takeawayshows.com.  This website, and also podcast, is available for free and contains some of the greatest new musicians out there.  It is some guys who film musicians playing at small venues or at no venues.  Think of it as the step child of documentary who was married to a music video who has a bunch of hipster friends that played music and did art.  Take that child and call it the takehomeshow and enjoy.  It is really amazing.  It makes me want to continue to do music for people and also make films about things that I am passionate about.  This is my new favorite thing right now.  I don't know what the point is quite yet.  Some of the shows and really strange and ramdom, but it is all very unique and creative.  Even the way that they shoot the people and portray them is great.  Everything is usually either blown out or super saturated with color and life.  Yes, I believe I found the word I was looking for.  Life.  They portray a sense of life that is unique.  The podcast it very "life-y".  It is invigorating.  Anyways, check it out and enjoy.  I suggest, Bon Iver, Jose Gonzalez, Pricilla Ahn (my favorite right now), Jason Mraz, REM, The Shins, Seasick Steve, Vandaveer, and whatever else seems good to you.  It is spontaneous, creative, energetic, and just plain neat.  They are breaking the barrier between the French arrogants and the American idiots.  Good job guys!

1 comment:

Brad said...

Glad to hear it Travis. Thanks for the suggestions (i had only seen the shins, rem, and sufjan, but i will check these out too...)